Footerpages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to my little Monkey!



at exactly 3:33pm today, my baby turns two.
 

I can't believe it.  Where did the time go?  How did this happen?  One minute he's crawling, and the next he's running around and singing along to the 'hot dog' song on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I honestly can't even remember what it was like for me before I was a mom. This little guy has brought so much into my life.  He has saved me, made me a better person, and has made me see life in a whole new light.

On Saturday, mom parents and I gave him a little birthday party at the beach.  It's Hunter's favorite place, so that was an easy choice.  We lugged his fish cupcake-cake, food, chairs and sand toys down to the beach area and had a relaxed BBQ.  The kids had fun playing in the sand and water, and the adults sat around, sipping on 'mommy juice' and hung out.

Hunter's fishy cupcake-cake.  These didn't last long!



Playing on the beach!



Opening presents.  7 months ago, he couldn't even do this on his own.  Such a big boy now!
Hunter can't get enough of this Tickle Monster Kit from Grandma and Grandpa Esper.  We've only had it for a few days, but he wants me to turn into 'tickle monster' and read the book over and over again.  HIGHLY recommended if you have toddlers.  I don't  know who came up with this kit is gold.


This morning, I met up with Hunter's daddy so he could take him out on a boat ride.  H's daddy is staying with his parents for a few days not too far from where I live, so it works out perfectly.  And ..gasp!..we've actually been getting along.  Really well, for Hunter's sake.  But don't get too excited. We are done and over.  We are just on the same page now and want to co-parent in the most positive and healthiest way possible for our little guy.  But, I am very pleased that we have come leaps and bounds since February.  Ex's can work it out and remain friendly.  That's just it.  It takes work.  And communication.  Lots of it.  I'm hoping this will last.

Later on I'll be meeting up at his parents house, who might I add, I just adore.  A second birthday celebration!

...Happy birthday to the little boy who turned my life around!