Footerpages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now: Baby Shower Registry Items

I would have done things a little differently in terms of purchasing baby products and gear.  Okay, okay.  A LOT differently.


If I could go back in time and make out my baby shower registry all over again, these are the products I would get-as opposed to the ones I chose and received:


 
choose this jogging stroller...

 
...instead of this standard stroller.
  Because..well, it's a regular stroller.  My town has bumpy sidewalks, so it would have been great to have the all terrain jogger when Hunter was really little.  Also, the fact that my stroller is a light green (seemed fine and dandy in the beginning) until I actually used the thing and dust, raindrops (oddly enough raindrops left these weird stains) mud, or whatever else happened to feel like getting on my stroller stuck out like a sore thumb and seemed to scream "look at me!  I'm dirty!".  Yes.  I'm thinking a darker color would work out muuuuch better.



I would choose these diapers...(not only are they cute with polka-dots all over them, but they are the best and most absorbent diapers I've ever used)




 

...instead of these diapers.
For being #1 in the diaper world, they didn't impress me much.  I definitely would have registered for Target diapers had I known how great they were. (and a ton cheaper, too)

And last but not least, I would have chosen these baby bottles




 
...instead of these bottles.
  I used the Dr. Brown's bottles all the way up until Hunter was 9 months old, then we transitioned to a sippy cup.  The Dr. Brown's bottles weren't bad per se, but they were quite frustrating for me to clean (our dishwasher was out of commission for a few months, so we went back to basics and hand washed all of the bottles).  I thought the straw-like thing in the middle to be obnoxious and difficult to clean.  Hunter was given a Born Free bottle from his Grandmother last Easter and we both loved it. He happily sipped away while I was just glad I didn't have to clean another "straw". 


What one (or maybe more!) thing would you change on your baby shower registry if you could do it all over again? 




6 comments:

  1. You are so right about the stroller. So glad I had the jogging one but like you, I chose the wrong color. Mine was light grey and like you mentioned, every spill or splash stood out and made it look filthy, didn't matter how often I tried to clean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! Someone that's used Target diapers!!! Tell me all about them! I have been dying to try them but I didn't want to waste my money on a diaper no one I knew used!!!

    Sorry about all the exclamation points. I am just so excited!

    www.thewannabewahm.com

    Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, you will stop by again soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia's Mom,

    OMG-I swear by target diapers now. Really cute w/ polka dots all over and a family pack of sz 4 (84 diapers) is 14.99..It might differ a little from place to place but that's the general price. They are also really absorbent and elastic-y, (good for wiggly bodies).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping over from SITS...this is funny b/c I just helped a friend register for her shower and it was enlightening! There were so many things where I was saying "Oh, you don't need that!" I would not register for a diaper genie. It was hideous, hard to use and expensive. I just changed the garbage bag more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tsquared417,

    Haha yes, those are just a big pain. We used one for about a year, but it was more trouble than it was worth! I totally agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have seen the crap I had to use when I was a new mom, lol

    ReplyDelete

I read all of my comments and often respond right back here in the comments section. Go ahead-you know you want to!!