So here are 5 things that made me really happy this week. It's good to be able to sit down and reflect on all the things that are positive in your life. I have to admit, sometimes I don't do it enough. Thanks to The Girl for coming up with this meme for Feel Good Friday.
1. Watching Hunter go crazy at this week's swim class. This is his second class, and the first one...lets just say-it didn't go over too well. There is a big crate of floaty balls of all sizes (this child is OBSESSED with balls), and Hunter saw them right off the bat. The entire time we were in the water, he was shouting for "baaass! baaas!" But the meanie instructor wouldn't let him have any. This last class we had a different instructor, and he was all for the kids bringing the balls in the water. Me likes this instructor much better. And it was so fun to watch him and the other baby/toddlers have a ball...no pun intended.
2. Re-painting our bedroom with Babe. We decided to do this last weekend, and has carried over to this week- and probably next week too, since we're s-l-o-w at these sort of projects. But we're having a great time with it, and has really allowed us to re-connect in a way. We just finished the walls, which at first I must confess I was not loving the color. I wanted a light yellow, Babe wanted a yellow that had more "punch" to it, or so he said. At first, it was shocking. But maybe it was because there were patches of the old blue wall showing through, which made it a weird greenish hue. Now the walls are completely covered and we're both loving the outcome. I can't wait to see it when it's all done. Pics will be posted when it's all finished.
3. In an attempt to look on the brighter side of the Haitien earthquake disaster, knowing that so many are willing to help out (in terms of people volunteering their time and money) has really made made me smile this week.
4. Finding out that my neighbor's first child is going to be a boy! I'm super excited for her.
5. Hunter "riding" our dog Butchie. This is something new he just figured out this past week. Like the good dog Butchie is, he'll just sit there and take it. What a good doggie. We love Butchie.
To participate in The Girl's Feel Good Friday meme, click here.