Footerpages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are you thankful for this year?



On the way home from grocery shopping with H, I was thinking of how thankful I am. It's all to often that we get into a groove of celebrating the seasons without actually stopping to consider what they are really for and what they mean. Sitting in the drivers seat listening to those kiddie songs for the, like, 50 millionth time can make you go a little nutty. Seriously..he wants to listen to that again? But, then I thought "he's not going to be little for long" and "look how happy he is listening to his favorite songs!" Looking into the rearview mirror at my little boy in his carseat, grinning from ear to ear and "singing" in his own little tot language the lyrics to Old McDonald made my heart almost burst out of my chest. It didn't matter that he was eating raisins and more were falling to the floor than in his mouth. It didn't matter that he had pulled off his shoes and socks and who knew where they were now. It didn't even matter that those raison-y hands had ended up in his hair and now it looked I hadn't washed him in a year. When it comes right down to it, I fall victim to forgetting just how lucky I am. He is one of the most precious gifts in my life, and this year HE is what I am most thankful for.


What is it that YOU are most thankful for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know just what you mean! sometimes you just have to sit back and hope you will remember that moment forever:) raising kids is the best thing in the world:)

    ReplyDelete

I read all of my comments and often respond right back here in the comments section. Go ahead-you know you want to!!