Footerpages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

update-we've moved!



It's been about two months plus since I posted last, and darrrrn. As usual when that much time has passed, A LOT has happened. 
I could literally write a book about it, but I won't bore you with the details.  Here's the short version.

Obviously my ex finacee and I broke off our engagement.  I continued to live in our house until May, then decided I had had enough.  He didn't stay there often;  usually he would come home for about 3 days out of the week to see Hunter, but those three days were enough to put me over the edge.  The bullying didn't stop, and he felt he could still control me.  I needed out.

My parents were my saviors.  They opened their hearts and their home to my son and I.  On Saturday, May 29th, my parents made the 4 hour drive to Mayfield and I packed my life into that U-Haul and never looked back.  Everything from then on would be a clean slate, a fresh start.  I didn't have to rely on him anymore.  I was free to be me, and there was something so intrinsically invigorating about that. 

So three and a half  hours north we went, through the Adirondack mountains, and beyond almost to the Cornwall, Ontario border.  Beauty that I always took for granted as a kid, I relish now as an adult.  The musky smell of the woodlands mixed with the sweet, fresh scent of the lake was all I needed to recharge..  I was free, and had my loving parents and my beautiful son to surround myself with to boot. 

I couldn't be happier.  I have my life back, I have motivation, and good things in life to look forward to.  Student teaching begins in the fall, and my dad (being the gem he is) has agreed to babysit.  This summer has been filled with birthday parties, swimming in the lake behind Mema and Papa's house, boating, fishing, laughing and smiling.  Tears only occur when there's a boo-boo.  And those are quickly wiped away after a few kisses. 

                                                     (view from Mema and Papa's lake house)

So that's the update.  I used to write every day this blog, but will not be able to resume that schedule due to LIFE happening.  But, I do want to update as much as possible, at least a 3 times a week.  My parents are so far out in the boondocks that they have a dial-up connection, so I have to make the treck into town to get any sort of decent connection.  Well worth it, though.  I want to continue doing product reviews and giveaways.  In fact, I have one lined up and will post soon.  I hope everyone is well, and enjoying their summer! 


~Monique

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are finally set and happy! LIVE and be free and start a new life! I'm glad u came and updated us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture, you're so pretty! And I'm glad you didn't settle for less than what you deserve. Good for you! Stopping by from the LBS!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of my comments and often respond right back here in the comments section. Go ahead-you know you want to!!